THE CHAD
This morning I had just gotten out of the shower when the phone started to ring. I was about to yell to Ray, but remembered in time that he had crawled out of bed an hour earlier to go rowing - crazy fool - and realized that since Kappa lacks opposable thumbs, it was up to me to answer it. Chad, I do hope you realize that when you were talking with me this morning I was clothed in nothing but the towel around my head.
The point of my post, other than being excited that Chad will be visiting us next week, is how weird it was for me to answer the phone and have a West Coast Canadian voice on the other end. Even though I think - I hope - that Ray and I still sound authentic (thus meaning that I hear West Coast Canadian every day in my own house) and I frequently talk with my friends and family back home, it still made me start to hear Chad's friendly voice. He sounded so warm and, well, Canadian.
Canada, I miss you!

4 Comments:
Do you remember what movie "The Chad" comes from? I do! Did you know you got it from a movie when you made it your title?
Kim
Is that Jerry Mcguire? I think I should start watching movies over and over again to re-build up my lost repetoire of constant movie quotes. It makes for good dinner conversation. Either that or people want to smack you upside the head after a while. Good entertainment, all around.
G,
It's from Charlie's Angels! Drew Barrymore's character falls for this awkward/weird guy who calls himself 'The Chad'. He's played by Tom Green.
Kim
Now I remember. For some reason the babysitter in Jerry Mcguire rang a bell in my head. Well, Charlie's Angels was never on my list of favourite movies.
Post a Comment
<< Home