PERPETUAL GUILT
I feel guilty at least once a day about not blogging.
I think my biggest concern is that the dearth of writing suggests a lack of wanting to be in touch with my family and friends. This couldn't be further from the truth. It's just that there are a few major things going on in my world right now that are conspiring to keep me off the computer for recreational pursuits such as blogging and email (so now you know why I also haven't been emailing much lately!).
Among other things, the contract for my current job expires at the end of the year and after four months of steady job hunting I've been unable to come up with any substantive leads for further (rewarding) employment. Most nights find me seeking out job postings, looking into further details about the positions, and filling out application forms. Not very fun, and definitely very mentally tiring. I find the task painful enough that I have to keep reminding myself that I do animal work because I love it, and that I knew going into the field that it wouldn't be the most lucrative in terms of money and opportunities. Remember the animals, remember the animals!
I'm not panicking just yet - I've got almost two months before I'm facing unemployment, and I know that Gap will always take me back. In the very worst case scenario I can return to the land of retail right after the holidays and that will keep me out of the realm of Officially Unemployed. But in the meantime, please keep your fingers crossed that I find a suitable new job soon, and remember, the next time you check the blog only to find it un-updated, that I will get back to it eventually.

1 Comments:
Now that the surprise is out and was a huge success, you can blog again without having to worry about divulging the secret :)
(when you have time).
How bloody cool is it to have you here briefly!
Joan
Post a Comment
<< Home