DAY THREE - ANOTHER CAMBRIDGE EXPERIENCE
Right, so, today was another one of those 'why Cambridge is awesome' days. I woke up early, but lazed around in bed for a bit before heading for a morning coffee with a good friend to get the day started off right. Next, I went into the department and managed to finish of the material bit of my first year report - word count now standing at 15.5k words, and scope fulfilled, leaving me with editing (with the aim of cutting 500 words and fixing my horrible grammar) left for tomorrow. A great lunch was spent philosophizing (is that a word?) with some other great friends about the origin and lives of 'Cam Fish', which are odd creatures somehow capable of living in murky waters. Finally, to round out the day, I ate at a B.A. dinner in Pembroke with Robin, which was followed by a poetry recital by a wonderful poet, a quick visit to the department to collect another friend, and a whiskey sampling. Can you tell I'm happy? It just doesn't get any better than this, unless of course the love of your life is home, which will be in 49 hours. I can't wait!
P.S. I chatted with Amanda last night, and had a couple of sms messages today; she's having a great time, and it sounds like future visits to Budapest are in order!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home