Monday, September 19, 2005

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS

I've been more than a little AWOL lately, first due to a tight deadline on a manuscript and then to a trip back to Gibsons last week. But now the manuscript is back with the publisher, I am home in Cambridge, and I have a whole lotta' blogging to get caught up on (including, finally, Budapest!!!)

My trip back to BC was absolutely fantastic - I really really enjoyed visiting with my family and friends. Even just driving around Gibsons and taking the ferry was a great experience after being away so long. My apologies to the people I either didn't see, or didn't even give a head's up that I was coming - I was only back for six days and didn't have much time to do visiting beyond the confines of Gibsons. Ray and I will both be home for two weeks over the Christmas holidays, though, so we'll be tracking many of you down then.

One of the best parts of this trip was the realization that I am starting to think of Cambridge as "home". I still prefer Canada's West Coast to England - to me, there is just no comparison - but England is where Ray and I have built a life. The return flight to England would normally have me nervous and a bit upset, but this time I was flying back to Ray, our nice house, and my enjoyable job. What a difference from nine months ago, when we left Gibsons after the Christmas holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home