Friday, December 16, 2005

CRAZY US

My co-workers are nuts, and I love them to bits.

We had the first of two office Christmas parties today and the group had me convinced that a silly hat was required to attend such parties. Being gullible, or at least always up for a good time and an opportunity to make fun of myself, I went hat-hunting and found a goofy cap for today's event. The only problem? We were the first ones to arrive at the party, in our silly hats, and as other party-goers arrived suspiciously without hats, it was too late to remove ours - we'd already been spotted. And spotted we were - I noticed lots of strange looks directed in our way throughout the afternoon. Oh well, I'm already known as the Crazy Canadian around the office, so I don't think much further damage was done to my reputation.

I present to you my fellow nutters:

Zoology Christmas 2005

Nick, Paul, Charmaine and Claire

Nick is wearing my hat, which is a fuzzy bear. It looks cuter on me than on him but since I was the one with the camera you don't get to see me looking all adorable (or weird, depending on your point of view). Don't ask me what a bear has to do with Christmas, or any holiday for that matter; it was in the bin of "Christmas Hats for under 2 pounds" and it fit (both my head and the requirement for oddness/uniqueness)...it wasn't until I had long left the store that I started to wonder about my hat's relevance to the season in question. I still haven't figured it out.

Zoology Christmas 2005

Ian (ha! Hiding from the group photo means you get singled out!)

I may wear the bear hat again next week, to my second office party, and if I do so I'll make sure someone gets a shot of me wearing it. It really is cute in a odd sort of way and it may even be seen the slopes this Christmas if we make it out for a bit of skiing/boarding. Nothing like a fluffy bear on one's head to keep one toasty!

1 Comments:

At 3:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friendly stewardess once told me that when they are obliged to fly with a cold, they take a decongestant tablet. When I found myself in that awful position, I tried it and it worked for me. Anything that prevents earaches/sinus aches has got to be worth knowing! Hope this helps - - Bev

 

Post a Comment

<< Home